Friday, January 06, 2006

Reunion News 2006

On another note, I will be contacting Heather Blain shortly and we will come up with some suggestions for the 2006 reunion in Port Elgin Ontario. I know that this will not be an easy trip for some, and we are open for suggestions for 2007. The tentative dates are September 22-24, or if that does not work, September 15-17. I understand that some are considering rv'ing, and others will be seeking accommodation. I am sure that I can get a reduced rate in Spetember as the tourists will have all returned home from the summer months. We have a number of provincial parks and capgrounds as this is a resort area. Could I have some input as to activities, we have a number of options, some of which are, we can have a picnic as before (which always seemed to go over well), we can canoe down the Saugeen River (this is a popular pasttime in these parts), we can go on a hayride or horse drawn carriage, play a baseball game, etc., etc. Just let me know your ideas and I will see what I can do.

For the early arrivals on Friday, you are welcome to my place for a corn roast and bar-b-que, I have a fair bit of room, and it would be a great time to starting winding down.

Anyway, will get back to you all soon, if I have missed anyone, please pass this on. Once we get some definite plans, the details will be posted. As I have said, I am looking for ideas. All the best for the new year to everyone.

Thanks
Heather Hubbard Cooper

No comments: