Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Gerald Ford and Other Presidents on Golf

"The pat on the back, the arm around the shoulder, the praise for what was done right and the sympathetic nod for what wasn't are as much a part of golf as life itself."

Gerald R. Ford (b. 1913), Thirty-Eighth President of the United States.
"One lesson you had better learn if you want to be in politics is that you never go out on a golf course and beat the President."

Lyndon B. Johnson (1908-1973), Thirty-Sixth President of the United States.
"That does look like very good exercise. But what is the little white ball for?"

Ulysses S. Grant (1822-1885), Eighteenth President of the United States.
"It is true that my predecessor did not object as I do to pictures of one's golf skill in action. But neither, on the other hand, did he ever bean a Secret Service man."

John F. Kennedy (1917-1963), Thirty-Fifth President of the United States.
"I deny allegations by Bob Hope that during my last game, I hit an eagle, a birdie, an elk, and a moose. "

Gerald R. Ford (b. 1913), Thirty-Eighth President of the United States.
"I know I'm getting better at golf because I'm hitting fewer spectators. "

Thanks Bob



No comments: