Saturday, February 25, 2006

Life in the Canadian Wilderness








Have already begun to feel the effects of Blog Withdrawal. My stomach is nervous, palms sweaty and I am starting to shake. Five days without a posting, I don't know if I'll survive. No friday night boyish frolicking on the net.

Oh Dear! Oh Dear! What shall I do?

Sooooo............. I thought why not send Marty and Elton 5 days of STUFF. It may be good therapy for me and help me through the next 5 days. Then I thought Hmmmm..... thats no different than any other day....

JoAnns posting of her father emigrating to Canada inspired me to send the attached photos showing life in the Canadian wilderness. Most of the men and women who worked in Cobalt at the turn of the century were new Canadians. Here is how they lived and played.

Photo 1 is a family in front of their home. Photo 2 is a picture of the company bunkhouse. Picture 3 is drilling in the drift. Picture 4 is Saturday night poker. Picture 5 is One last shot.

Bob H
Thanks Bob, we'll be here when you get back...

No comments: