1. Charles Schwab was the president of the largest steel company.
2. Edward Hopson was the president of the largest gas company.
3. Richard Whitney as president of the New York Stock Exchange.
4. Arthur Cooger was the world's greatest wheat speculator.
5. Coasbee Livermore was knows as the great Bear of Wall Street.
What happened to these men who were considered among the most successful of their day?
1. The president of the largest steel company, Charles Schwab, died a pauper.
2. The president of the largest gas company, Edward Hopson, went insane.
3. The president of the NYSE, Richard Whitney, was released from prison to die at home.
4. The greatest wheat speculator, Arthur Cooger,died abroad, penniless.
5. The Great Bear of Wall Street, Cosabee Livermore, committed suicide.
However, in that same year, 1923, the PGA Champion and the winner of the most important golf tournament, the US Open, was Gene Sarazen.
What became of him?
He played golf until he was 92, died in 1999 at the age of 95. He was financially secure at the time of his death.
Screw work - Play golf.
Does this mean Ralph & I should have stayed in GPK and shagged golf balls on the Mtl. C.C. for a living?