Wednesday, March 29, 2006

David Rye & His Stock 1977 D100 Dodge Stepside



Good Afternoon Marston and Elton ;
I must admit that I have been enjoying you blog for some time and never seem to have had the time to drop you a line and let you know how much I enjoy reading it.
Marston, I have not seen you since the 1988 Royal George Reunion.
We just got back from our mid-winter holiday in the Dominican Republic and I was surprised to see an e-mail from a former Greenfield Parker who is now retired and lives in Nova Scotia informing me that there was a photo of "my pride and joy" on the site.
The photo was taken by Sandy (Snow) Robinson at the first Greenfield Park/RGHS Reunion Picnic held in Cambridge ,ON back in September, 2003.
I have owned the truck for almost 20 years and have enjoyed taking it to car shows and cruise nights all over Southwestern Ontario especially MOPARFEST every August in New Hamburg..
The truck is a bone stock 1977 D100 Dodge Shot Box StepSide pick-up except for tires and wheels.About five years ago it was looking pretty rough after the two boys drove it prior to getting their own wheels so I decided to redo it completely.The photo was taken just after the restoration was completed and it still shows pretty good.
It sleeps in a nice dry former dairy barn during the winter and I am anxious to get it out very soon.
(Sharron {Laurent} and I moved from the Park in 1981 and now live in a little town near London called Ingersoll.
We have two (2) married sons that live close by and no grand kids as yet.
Thanks to Sandy for submitting the photo to BOYS TOYS, by the way the Corvette roadster was at the same reunion in Cambridge and belongs to Don Flesh.
Keep up the good work and look forward to seeing you in Port Elgin in September, 2006 at Reunion IV
David

Thank you David for the comments and we also look forward to the Port Elgin Reunion. ten

No comments: