Tuesday, April 04, 2006

GPK Item of Interest from George V.





Hi Marty
I have found another old Gpk item of interest. A Premium list of the Greenfield Park Horticultural Society. 1917. This little booklet has sixteen pages and is about 3 1/2 x 5 1/2 inches . I have included a scan of the cover first page and the back of the cover. The book is actualy a list of the prizes to be won . It also has a few nice old ads from local merchants. From time to time I will send you a new page or two.
The ad for Smiths General Store on the inside cover sure brings back old memories. About once a month my dear grand mother would send my sister Val and myself off to Smiths to buy a new jig saw puzzle. This would keep us entertained for days. Life was tough back then but there seemed to be a lot less to worry about.
Take care
Geo V

Thanks for sharing George V.

No comments: