Friday, April 07, 2006

Mr. Richard Sanderson And Diane Lynn Rattray

Picture #1 Mr. Richard Sanderson & Diane Lynn Rattray
Postcard #17


I borrowed a photo album from my mom to be able to scan a picture for you.
P1 - This is my great grandfather, Richard Sanderson. He is holding my mom, Diane Lynn Rattray, in his arms and my uncle, Bruce Rattray is beside him in front of the pine tree. They are standing in the front yard of my grandparents house at 50 King Edward street. Since they lived on the Lemoyne side, the houses in the background are on the Greenfield Park side. My mom was born in March 1948, so I am guessing this picture would have been taken either in late 1948 or early 1949.
MY mom is going to help me look through the pictures I have to try and find one of Mary Tait. She remembers on of her on the porch.
#17 - This is another card chosen by my son Morgan. He thinks it is pretty.
It is also in time with the season. The text on the front read: All Easter Gladness be yours. The Day of Days is breaking, Shadows flee away
- Oh may the risen Saviour Bless your Easter Day.
No stamp or postmark. Addressed to Mrs. R Sanderson on McCord street in Montreal. From someone named Irene who "...hopes your health has improved for Easter Morning."
Sherri

No comments: