Sunday, April 09, 2006

Words of Encouragement

Hi Folks,

I would just like to offer Sherri my encouragement and support in her pusuit of her heritage. First, what you are doing on this blog, and the support they are giving you is a start. Every time you put something out there on this wonderful and amazing internet.... good things happen.

I am a good example of the good things....

Example : my great grandfather left my great grandmother and married another woman. much younger. I knew of the other family, their names etc. They knew little of us. By shear accident, or fate, I contacted the museum in Cobalt. Shortly after contacting them the other family did the same... the museum put us in contact with each other....

Example: I did a search on the last name Brault, my fathers mothers maiden name, lo and behold I found a page devoted to Brault, Breau etc, etc etc... I sent an email, I got an interesting response... I am now on their email list and I found out a long history on my fathers heritage.....

What I am saying is don't hesitate to ask and don't be detered by the negative... you have others out there that are related to you who are looking for you as hard as you are looking for them....

Good luck in your search

Bob H

PS... I love your cards... history and heritage is fun.

Thanks Bob H.



No comments: