Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Friday May 19 Golf





TGIF and There is a Golf Tournament in GPK Today - Friday, May 19,
and what a great day it was - despite the heavy rain. While this was my first time attending, things went off without a hitch. Thanks to all those involved in organizing the event - while I know I will miss many names, I would send sincere thanks to Trevor Mead for remembering that I was on the waiting list and to Mike (?) Murray Savage who presented the prizes - Sammy Stone, Greg Wells and I did OK, and I thought the Rule that anyone over 60 could use the Red Tees was just the ticket. While Sam stayed on the whites as he was afraid of what his Brother would say, I took full advantage of the Red Tees and we had a ball.

As John Graham (A member of Our Gang) said, it is only when Greenfield Parkers get together that everyone greets you with open arms and never is a word spoken in anger. What a great place to live in or to have come from - Parkers are 100% Good People.

Here are a few photos from that day!

Thanks Cliff B.

No comments: