Saturday, August 19, 2006

What's this Flower?? (04) (Answered)


Hi folks, how about this one?
I know, I know, it's not fair.
Marty N.

Hi there Marston,
Is your flower with the red spikey things and whitish flower/berry clusters Australian too? Even if they are Canadian, I couldn't tell you what they are. They'll probably be something simple and I will kick myself after.

By the way it wasn't a flower shop I worked in Marston, it was a SWEAT shop. And I mean sweat. Flower Shops are airconditioned - Greenhouses are torture! One can drink over two litres of water in half a day and never have to go to the bathroom!

I did have fun working there though as hot as it was much of the time. The girls were great and we had a lot of laughs. Cyclamens and Geraniums were the owner's speciality and a couple of dozen or so different annuals. Enjoy the week end, Marston.

Margaret

This flower is of the New Zealand Christmas Bush
Thanks Bob G.

No comments: