Friday, September 29, 2006

Better Butter

I can't remember who at last weekend's reunion asked for this recipe so I am sending it to anyone who I think may have. It was suggested to me as a heart-healthy alternative to Margarine; no matter which kind you may choose it is basically one molecule away from being plastic and that can't be good for you...

Recipe:
1 Part Unsalted Butter (Soft) and 1 part Oil** Blend together with a beater or whatever and place in a sealable container and refridgerate until you want to use it. If you don't refrigerate it gets a little too soupy.....
** I was told Cold first press extra-virgin Olive oil was the best but Cannola Oil can be used as well.
I've been on it ( Olive Oil Version) for about 3 years ( both eating and cooking with it) and I still like it.

Thanks Ralph B..


No comments: