Saturday, September 30, 2006

Reunion remarks

Hi Marty - it was good to see you too, and know what? It's because of the blog that everybody was able to come together - what a great time Joan and I had.
I'm really proud of having grown up in GPK - Joan was impressed that everyone was so nice and we're already looking forward to next year's reunion.


We shouldn't regret the past - we can all look back and think we should have done this, we shouldn't have done that, we should have been nicer to people and the list goes on and on. But every event, good and bad, was a link to what we are today. I would never have met met Joan (my soulmate) if any or most of those links in our individual paths hadn't happened. To tell you the truth I was a bit leery about attending this, my first reunion, not knowing what to expect from people I hadn't seen in over 40 years - but I found everyone I talked to appeared to have a maturity and an appreciation for diversity as well as an understanding what was really important in life. Just nice people you like to hang around with - sounds like Pops and the Youth Centre.


We're all starting to smell the roses, an evolution in wisdom and outlook from the wild and crazy days of our youth. I know some of us were wilder and crazier than others but we wouldn't be what we are today without having gone through those learning experiences of the past, good and bad. I'm 62, been through a lot of crap and have all kinds of aches and pains but I'm enjoying life like never before. Thanks for being part of it and helping make this reunion happen.
Bob

Thanks Bob,

I felt the same way and I want to share your email that may encourage more to join us at these reunions.

Sandy R and a few were the spark plug to get this going. We are just enjoying their efforts..

Marty




No comments: