Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Blogger Information (Repeat Post)

Hi Folks,

I have been using Blogger.com for the past 10 months. This past month has been a nightmare. Blogger is owned by Google and offers this service (Joke) for free. It has been down sometime for hours.

Posting pics can sometimes be an all day affair. I have lost pics during a posting process when the blog went down. There are times when I don't know if I'll be able to post your stuff. I'm up until 2:00AM sometimes waiting to get your stuff posted.

So Saturday I did some research about other blog services and found one that is not so user friendly but it works. I have been playing with it trying to understand how it works. They don't come with owners manuals.

I will continue to post on blogger.com but if the service continues to decline I will be left with no other choice but to switch.

On the current blog, look under LINKS in the left sidebar and click on Marty North. This will take you to the new service. I will be playing with it to try to figure it out, so please feel free to visit there and see my learning curve and mistakes. Just click on the back arrow to return to this blog.

It will be a saftey net if you wish because if I can't post on blogger.com, I will be able to get some stuff on the new blog.


One neat feature is that you can post a comment for each posted item on this blog. These comments are sent direct to me via email and I can respond to you or on the blog. I hope I can stay with blogger, but this is an alternative for us so we have a place to have fun with our friends from GPK.

The URL (Address) is:
http://martynorth.wordpress.com/
Don't forget the forward slash at the end.

Thanks everyone for your help and the good stuff to put up on our site.

Marty N.


I will be posting various items on the new blog that won't be posted on this blog. So a visit from time to time would be advised. Your comments would be appreciated. I will continue to publish the main content on this blog and some odds and ends on the other one.

If blogger.com makes it too difficult to post stuff I will post it on the new blog site.

If anyone has questions please let me know.

Marty N.

No comments: