Sunday, January 21, 2007

Bridge or Tunnel (Additional Comments)

The bridge (or should it be called tunnel) goes under water to allow movement of ships . In order for ships to pass, this bridge is half under the water. You drive down in the water and then come out on the other side. Truly a marvelous piece of engineering!? This bridge is between Sweden and Denmark . Picture taken from the side of Sweden .

Thanks Murray

There is the an almost identical Bridge/Tunnel on Chesapeake Bay...The Chesapeake Bridge-Tunnel actually is its name.We took it one time while driving to or from Myrtle Beach via the non I-95 route thru Virginia.I think it connects Delaware with Maryland and saves you big miles.

Thanks Ralph B.

No comments: