Saturday, January 20, 2007

God and Football

A short story about God...

Brett Favre, after living a full life, died. When he got to heaven,
God was showing him around. They came to a modest little house with a faded
Packers flag in the window.

"This house is yours for eternity, Brett," said God. "This is very
special; not everyone gets a house up here."

Brett felt special, indeed, and walked up to his house. On his way
up the porch, he noticed another house just around the corner.

It was a 3-story mansion with a navy and orange sidewalk, a 50 foot
tall flagpole with an enormous Bears logo flag, and in every window, an
orange Bears towel.

Brett looked at God and said "God, I'm not trying to be ungrateful,
but I have a question. I was an all-pro QB, I hold many NFL records, and I
even went to the Hall of Fame."

God said "So what's your point Brett?"

"Well, why does Brian Urlacher get a better house than me?"

God chuckled, and said "Brett, that's not Brian's house, it's mine."

Thanks Jim E.

No comments: