Monday, January 01, 2007

Stopped smokin...

Hi Marty,

A funny thing happened while watching Jay Leno last week.........

first a little background....

I quit smoking in November 16 of 1986, cold turkey, which was amazing to all who knew me at that time. My habit had reached unfathomable proportions... 90 to 100 cigarettes per day.... you read right folks.


I have not touched a cigarette since that day however what remained was my morning cough. I have, for years, had an incredible amount of phloem. I have been to the doctor many times and had many tests all to no avail. That is until the Jay Leno Show last week.

He had a young lady, 8 years old, an aspiring opera singer on the show. He asked her what she had to give up from her daily life to pursue her dream. She said "Well, you have to give up dairy products such as cheese, milk, ice cream and yogurt etc.

"The hell you say"

I am a lover of cheese. Probably 3 packs of sliced cheese per week. Kraft Dinner... hell yes... KD is gourmet food to me. I make a 4 cheese KD (with milk) at least 3 times per week.... and I eat the whole box myself... share "Hell No".

Frozen yogurt... every night..... Yogurt fruit cups once a day. Italian spaghetti hell you have to put cheeze whiz and Parmesan on it to make it edible..... bread and butter... Oh Yeah.... 3 -4 slices with your spaghetti...

Are you sick yet......... no wonder I weight what I do......

Out of the mouth of babes comes an answer.... for the past week I have cut out all, and I mean ALL dairy products..... so far the results are very promising.... my coughing has been reduced by a good 80% and the phloem is all but gone.... I intend to keep going and see what the final results are...


Bob H

Congratulations on quitting the smokes. It’s been four years for me.

Marty N.

No comments: