Thursday, February 08, 2007

Fire Hydrant Information in GPK.

HI MARTY

I DONT KNOW IF YOU HAVE ANY ANSWERS
FOR THE FIRE HYDRANTS REGARDING LITTLE HAT COLORS KEEP IT ON THE BLOG I HAVE TO SEE A FIREMAN TO GET THE COMPLETE ANSWER I KNOW A PART ANSWER IT AS TO DO WITH PRESSURE AND THE SIZE OF THE PIPES.UNDERGROUND LET ME GET BACK TO YOU MARTY FOR A COMPLETE AND ACURATE ANSWER.

SORRY ABOUT THE BEARS I HOPE BEVERLY GOT IN TOUCH WITH YOU.

THANKS MARTY

NORMAND
P.S. RED IS DOING FINE WE HAD HIS 50 TH BIRTHDAY LAST NIGHT HE HAD A FEW BEERS USUALLY DRINKS ONLY WATER HE IS SLEEPING NOW.AND MY LAPTOP IS OUT OF THE HOSPITAL WITH FOURTH DEGREE BURNS ALL OVER HIM.
Thanks Normand
Red Who???

In response to Normand's question about the colours on the fire
hydrants, they are an indication of the size of the watermain in the
street.
I don't remember the code but each colour on top indicates a
different size main. This is so the firemen will not try to pump too
much water from the pipes.

If they run the pump on the firetruck too
hard for the size of the main then it will cause the pipe in the street
to collapse. At least that is the explanation they gave me when I was a
on the town council.

Lloyd Brereton

Thanks Lloyd and now Normand can sleep tonight LOL

HI MARTY,

WELL I SAW MY FIREMAN TO BE MORE ACCURATE THE FIRE HYDRANT I SAW IN BROSSARD AT CHAMPLAIN MALL WITH A YELLOW HAT IT IS BECAUSE IT IS
ON PRIVATE PROPERTY, AT THE METRO STATION COMPLETELY BLUE IT
IS FOR THE TRUCK TO CONNECT AND SEND WATER IN IT DOWN TO THE METRO. ACTUALLY IT IS NOT A FIRE HYDRANT WATER GOES IN NOT OUT .ANOTHER COLOR LITTLE HAT SILVER[RARE] END LINE THEY CALL IT, NOT MUCH WATER PER MINUTE COMING OUT`.NOW FOR OUR GREENFIELD PARK FIRE HYDRANTS

BLUE APPROX. FURNISH 1250 GAL. OR MORE PER MINUTE [DAVID RYE PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I MADE AN ERROR]

GREEN APPROX. FURNISH 835 GAL.OR MORE PER MINUTE

ORANGE APPROX. FURNISH 420 GAL OR MORE PER MINUTE

RED APPROX.FURNISH 420 GAL. OR MORE PER MINUTE.

NOW THE PRESSURE IS GIVEN FROM THE TRUCK TO THE HOSE SO IF YOU GIVE TO MUCH PRESSURE LETS SAY
THE BLUE WILL ONLY GIVE YOU APPROX 1250 GAL PER MIN SO IT WILL SLOW AFTER ,IF THE PRESSURE IS TO
DEMANDING OH BOY I AM STARTING TO FEEL THE PRESSURE NOW I DONT KNOW IF I AM EXPLAINNING WELL
I HOPE DAVID RYE OR A BLOGGER FIREMAN COULD WRITE TO THE BLOG AND EXPLAIN OR CORRECT WHAT
I WROTE, IT WOULD TAKE A LOT OF PRESSURE OFF MY BACK.PLEASE.

NOW THE ASSOCIATION N.F.P.A. THROUGH CANADA AND THE U.S. I THINK HAVE THESE COLOR NORMS BUT
THE MUNICIPALITIES DONT NECESSARILY HAVE TO FOLLOW THAT OR DO THAT .I AM FEELING THE PRESSURE AGAIN.

NOW YOU WONT LOOK AT A FIRE HYDRANT THE SAME WAY YOU DID BEFORE OR MAYBE YOU NEVER LOOKED AT HIM.THEIR YEAR OF BIRTH IS MARKED ON THEM
MY FIRE HYDRANT IS 50 YEARS OLD WE HAD A BIRTHDAY PARTY LAST NIGHT HE DRANK A FEW BEERS HE IS
NOT USE TO THAT, HE USUALLY DRINKS ONLY WATER.HE IS SLEEPING TODAY. HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRE HYDRANT.

NORMAND SIMARD

Thanks Normand S.

Boy I have to mention Dogs are color blind

No comments: