Sunday, February 18, 2007

Trophys In GPK

Hello Normand. Thanks for the compliment about my athletic ability but I think that the only way my name would be on one of those trophies would probably be as a coach. I left the Park in Sept 1953 before the GPAA was formed and when I returned in 1958 the GPAA programs were for people up to age 16 and I was 17 by that time. That's one of the reasons why we formed the Warriors, most of the guys were too old for the GPAA programs and we didn't have anywhere else to go.I had my name on a few Royal George trophies for 1947-1953 and 1958 -60 but I understand that all of those were destroyed when the school changed hands.
John McC.



HI MARTY
HERE IS PHOTOS OF MY SPORTS HARDWARE OR TROPHIES I WON IN G. PK. I AM EVEN PART OF THEM SEE THE PICTURE ON TOP.WELL NO I CANT TELL LIES THESE TROPHIES ARE IN THE G. PK. ARENA I AM SURE JOHN McCONACHIE OR GEORGE HOLLINGDRAKE WITH THEIR GREAT SPORTS ABILITIES HAVE TOUCHED OR HAVE THEIR NAMES ON SOME OF THEM.MAYBE THEY COULD IDENTIFY THE TROPHIES PIC. 2 AND 3 ONE IT IS MARKED MONARCHS TROPHY PENNANT WINNERS G.P.A.A. SOFTBALL LEAGUE.

NORMAND SIMARD

P.S. THE ONLY REASON I GOT SO CLOSE TO THOSE TROPHIES THEY HAD A MIRROR IN THE BACK I ENJOYED THAT, BEING
PART OF THAT RICH SPORTS HARWARE, PART OF THE HISTORY OF G.PK.

Thanks Guys

No comments: