Monday, March 05, 2007

St Lambert A&P


HI MARTY HERE IS A PHOTO OF THE A&P IN DOWNTOWN ST- LAMBERT WE HAD ONE, NEAR CORNER CHURCHILL AND VICTORIA
WHERE PROVIGO IS TODAY IT OPENED CA, 1955 THE MANAGER WAS ALPHONSE PAQUETTE HE HAD THE RIGHT NAME
FOR THE JOB HIS INITIALS A AND P. BUT THE A&P'S COMPLETE NAME WAS THE GREAT ATLANTIC AND PACIFIC TEA COMPANY
LIMITED I THINK. I WORKED THERE IN 1961, 90 CENTS AN HOUR STEINBERG IN LAURIER SHOPPING CENTRE PAID 75 CENTS AN HOUR.I SEE OFF AND ON , A WONDERFUL LADY IN CANADA DRIVE RESTAURANT ON THE CORNER CHURCHILL AND VICTORIA ,SHE WORKED THERE FOR
APPROX. 38 YEARS A&P AND PROVIGO HER NAME IS ETHEL BENNER I MAY HAVE THE WRONG SPELLING. SHE WAS THE FASTEST
CASHIER, I KNOW LOT'S OF TIME I WAS HER WRAPPER WE USE TO PUT THE GROCERIES IN CARDBOARD BOXES IN THOSE
DAYS I REALLY HAD TO FILL THEM FAST WHEN SHE WAS AROUND PUNCHING THE PRICES..

HAVE A GOOD DAY MARTY

P. S. IT FEELS SO GOOD NOT BREAKING THE LAW ANYMORE. THIS AFTERNOON I CHANGED AS PROMISED, THE NUMBER ON
MY FIRE HYDRANT FROM 57 TO 12 THE POLICE BADGE NUMBER OF PRESIDENT B.CONSTANTINI IN RECOGNITION FOR ALL HE DID FOR ME, THE FULL PARDON ETC. AND TOMORROW I AM HAVING NUMBER 12 WELDED ON MY CITE JACQUES-CARTIER
SEWER COVER IN FRONT OF MY HOUSE IN HONOR OF PRESIDENT B.CONSTANTINI AS PROMISED WHEN I GOT MY FULL
PARDON.

Thanks Normand S.

No comments: