Monday, April 23, 2007

News From GPK

Marty,

Here's some of the latest news from the Park.

On April 13th I attended a concert in the United Church put on by Mick
O'Grady. It featured the singing of a very talended folk singer from
the 1960s and 70s named Penny Lang. Those in attendance were treated to a
wonderful show. Penny mentioned that she had played in Greenfield Park
about 40 years ago with Dave Vance and another Park musician from that time
whose name escapes me. Maybe someone who knows Dave's current residence in
Calgary can get him to tell us this other Parker's name.

Last Wednesday, I was at Scotyz with a bunch of friends having our
yearly playoff draft. After it ended and I was about to leave I heard the
smooth voice of a singer who had just begun singing on the stage around the
corner from where I had been sitting. When I got up to see whose great voice I
was hearing I was surprised to see that it was Wayne Robins. If you ever
get a chance, you've got to go listen to him sing.

Yesterday while I was at Canadian Tire I ran into Charlie Clark. He
told me his 9 year old granddaughter, Brianna, a student at St. Jude School,
won the Quebec gymnastics championship in the 9-12 age group, and will soon be
going to Moncton, NB for the Eastern Canadian championships. Congratulations
to Brianna, and her parents Dean and Debbie.

This morning any Park residents who showed up at the town hall were
given a beautiful white rose plant to commemorate Earth Day. Our councillors
were there as they were handed out, and everyone there also got a chance to
take a peek at the beautiful mural that is taking shape inside the old fire
station. My son took pictures for me of the event and I'll be sending
them to the blog very soon. I can't send photos of the mural until its
unveiling (it's supposed to be a surprise). But once it is, I'll have lots to
send.
That's why I was asking about the roof of Royal George and the front of
the Old Catholic School.

John R.

Thanks John R.

No comments: