Tuesday, June 26, 2007

AAADD

Recently, I was diagnosed with A.A.A.D.D. ->>

Age Activated Attention Deficit Disorder.>>

This is how it manifests:>>

I decide to water my garden.>>

s I turn on the hose in the driveway,>>

I look over at my car and decide it needs washing.>>

As I start toward the garage,>>

I notice mail on the porch table that>>

I brought up from the mail box earlier.>>

I decide to go through the mail before I wash the car.>>

I lay my car keys on the table,>>

put the junk mail in the garbage can under the table,>>and notice that the can is full.>>

So, I decide to put the bills back>>

on the table and take out the garbage first.>>

But then I think,>>

since I'm going to be near the mailbox>>

when I take out the garbage anyway,>>

I may as well pay the bills first.>>

I take my check book off the table,>>

and see that there is only one check left.>>

My extra checks are in my desk in the study,>>

so I go inside the house to my desk where>>

I find the can of Coke I'd been drinking.>>

I'm going to look for my checks,>>

but first I need to push the Coke aside>>

so that I don't accidentally knock it over.>>

The Coke is getting warm,>>

and I decide to put it in the refrigerator to keep it cold.>>

As I head toward the kitchen with the Coke,>>

a vase of flowers on the counter>>

catches my eye--they need water.>>

t the Coke on the counter and>>

discover my reading glasses that>>

I've been searching for all morning.>>

I decide I better put them back on my desk,>>

but first I'm going to water the flowers.>>

I set the glasses back down on the counter,>>

fill a container with water and suddenly spot the TV remote.>>

Someone left it on the kitchen table.>>

I realize that tonight when we go to watch TV,>>

I'll be looking for the remote,>>

but I won't remember that it's on the kitchen table,>>

so I decide to put it back in the den where it belongs,>>

but first I'll water the flowers.>>

I pour some water in the flowers,>>

but quite a bit of it spills on the floor.>>

So, I set the remote back on the table,>>

get some towels and wipe up the spill.>>

Then, I head down the hall trying to>>

remember what I was planning to do.>>

At the end of the day:>>the car isn't washed>>

the bills aren't paid>>

there is a warm can of Coke sitting on the counter>>

the flowers don't have enough water,>>

there is still only 1 check in my check book,>>

I can't find the remote,>>

I can't find my glasses,>>

and I don't remember what I did with the car keys.>>

Then, when I try to figure out why nothing got done today,>>

I'm really baffled because I know I was busy all damn day,>>

and I'm really tired.>>

I realize this is a serious problem,>>

and I'll try to get some help for it,

>>but first I'll check my e-mail....>>

Do me a favor.>>Forward this message to everyone you know,>>

because I don't remember who the hell I've sent it to.>>

Don't laugh -- if this isn't you yet, your day is coming!!


Thanks Sandy R.

No comments: