Thursday, July 19, 2007

90 # on your phone

90# on your telephone

>> I dialed '0' and asked the operator who confirmed that

> this was correct so please pass it on...> (I also checked out Snopes.com..this is true, and also> applies to cell phones!)

>> PASS ON TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW

>> I received a telephone call last evening from an> individual identifying himself as an AT&T Service> Technician (could also be Telus) who was conducting> a test on the telephone lines. He stated that to> complete the test I should touch nine(9), zero(0), the> pound sign (#), and then hang up.> Luckily, I was suspicious and refused.

>> Upon contacting the telephone company, I was> informed that by pushing 90#, you give the requesting> individual full access to your telephone line, which> enables them to place long distance calls billed to> your home phone number.

> I was further informed that this scam has been> originating from many local jails/prisons>> DO NOT press 90# for ANYONE.

>> The GTE Security Department requested that I share> this information with EVERYONE I KNOW.

>> After checking with Verizon they also said it was true,> so do not dial 90# for anyone !!!!! PLEASE HIT THAT> FORWARD BUTTON AND PASS THIS ON TO EVERYONE> YOU KNOW!!!

Thanks Ellen S.

No comments: