Yes, it's again that magical time of the year when the Darwin Awards are bestowed, honoring the least evolved among us.Here is the glorious Winner:
1. When his 38-caliber revolver failed to fire at his intendedvictim during a hold-up in Long Beach , California, would-berobber, James Elliot did something that can only inspire wonder.He peered down the barrel and tried the trigger again.This time it worked.
And now, the Honorable Mentions
2. The chef at a hotel in Switzerland lost a finger in ameat-cutting machine and submitted a claim to his insurancecompany. The company suspecting negligence sent out one of its men to have a look for himself. He tried the machine and he also lost a finger. The claim was approved.
3. A man who shoveled snow for an hour to clear a space for hiscar during a blizzard in Chicago returned with his vehicle to finda woman had taken the space. Understandably, he shot her.
4. After stopping for drinks at an illegal bar, a Zimbabwean bus driver found that the 20 mental patients he was supposed to betransporting from Harare to Bulawayo had escaped. Not wanting to admit his incompetence, the driver went to a nearby bus stop and offered everyone waiting there a free ride. He then delivered the passengers to the mental hospital, telling the staff that the patients were very excitable and prone to bizarre fantasies. The deception wasn't discovered for 3 days.
5. An American teenager was in the hospital recovering fromserious head wounds received from an on coming train. When asked how he received the wounds he said he was trying to see how close he could get his head to a moving train before he was hit.
6. A man walked into a Louisiana Circle-K, put a $20 bill on thecounter, and asked for change. When the clerk opened the cashdrawer, the man pulled a gun and asked for all the cash in theregister, which the clerk promptly provided.The man took the cash from the clerk and fled, leaving the $20 bill on the counter. The total amount of cash he got from the drawer: $15.(If someone points a gun at you and gives you money, is a crimecommitted?)
7. Seems an Arkansas guy wanted some beer pretty badly. He decided that he'd just throw a cinder block through a liquor store window, grab some booze, and run. So he lifted the cinder block and heaved it over his head at the window. The cinder block bounced back and hit the would-be thief on the head, knocking him unconscious.The liquor store window was made of Plexiglas. The whole event was caught on videotape.
8. As a female shopper exited a New York convenience store, a man grabbed her purse and ran. The clerk called 911 immediately, and the woman was able to give them a detailed description of the snatcher. Within minutes, the police apprehended the snatcher.They put him in the car and drove back to the store.The thief was then taken out of the car and told to stand therefor a positive ID ... to which he replied, "Yes, officer, that'sher. That's the lady I stole the purse from."
9. The Ann Arbor News crime column reported that a man walked into a Burger King in Ypsilanti , Michigan , at 5 a.m., flashed a gun, and demanded cash. The clerk turned him down because he said he couldn't open the cash register without a food order. When the man ordered onion rings, the clerk said they weren't available for breakfast. The man, frustrated, walked away.
******A 5-STAR STUPIDITY AWARD WINNER*****
10. When a man attempted to siphon gasoline from a motor home parked on a Seattle street, he got much more than he bargained for. Police arrived at the scene to find a very sick man curled up next to a motor home near spilled sewage. A police spokesman said that the man admitted to trying to steal gasoline and plugged his siphon hose into the motor home's sewage tank by mistake. The owner of the vehicle declined to press charges, saying that it was the best laugh he'd ever had. In the interest of bettering human kind please share these withyour friends and family ... unless of course one of these 10individuals by chance is a distant relative or long lost friend.In that case be glad they are distant and hope they remain lost
Thanks Barry & Louise D.