Friday, September 28, 2007

Grade 10 49 Years Ago. Any Guesses on who they are? (Answered)



Hello Marty.


Sorry you weren't able to make it to GFPK I was very much looking forward to seeing you again. In answer to your call for photos the timing is perfect because I was talking up just that idea with a number of people when were at the reunion and I had a number of people say yes they would start to look through their old albums and dig out material for the blog.




We now just have to stay on top to ensure they fulfil their commitment. To start the ball rolling I am attaching a grade 10 class photo from 49 yrs ago and I think it would be a good "guess who" to start the new season of the blog. Before I go I would be remiss if I didn't join all the other people who have expressed their appreciation for the job that Janet,Donnie and Sandy did in putting this years reunion together. It was just a super weekend and since I can't say thank you any better than my buddie Swinnie has already done I will just say thanks for the memories and renewed friendships..
JMcC
PS the classmates photo that Murray sent in was five of us who were in the grade six photo (Tony Caines with Eddie Massey as Santa Claus) that you ran on the blog back in Dec.Some people that I hadn't seen in 53 yrs—

Thanks John McC.
Hi Marty,

Here is my guess for the class picture

Back row: Brian Pendlebury, Steve Messner. Harold Walker, Wally Robinson

Middle Row : Gary Farber, -----, ------, John McConachie, Keith Morrison, Bob Godfrey, -----, -----, -----

Front row: Cliff Farber, Stan Sequin, ------, Barbara Ridewood, -------, Johanna Korvemaker, -------, Vena Dawes, ------, Cliff Walker


I am sure there are going to be a lot of people send in their guesses.

Sandy

HI MARTY, CONTRATULATIONS TO JOHN McCONACHIE FOR SENDING THAT BEAUTIFUL OLD PIC .CLASS OF 1958 ,AND ALSO GIVEN GOOD IDEAS TO OTHERS TO START DIGGING IN THEIR PHOTO ALBUMS AND BOXES.WE ARE TIRED OF MAY OR MAE WEST JOS LOUIS ,SEWERS, SEWER COVERS , FIRE HYDRANTS ,MISS PIGGY, KERMITT, ROY ROGERS, GENE AUTRY ,AND ED NORTON THINGS. WE WANT PICS OF G.PK. AND PARKERS AND EX. PARKERS. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

NAMES ON PIC 1958 GRADE 10 A ROYAL GEORGE SCHOOL

BOY MESSNER--WALLY ROBINSON--BOY ST-GERMAIN--JOHN McCONACHIE--BOB GODEFROY--STAN SEGUIN --GIRL RIDEWOOD.

THAT IS ALL I KNOW I WAS [[[[[ WAY WAY WAY ]]]]]] YOUNGER THAN THESE BOYS AND GIRLS. SORRY.

THANKS MARTY

NORMAND SIMARD

P.S. MARTY I DON'T WANT TO GO IN HIDING IN THE G.PK. SEWERS IN 2011 FOR THE CENTENNIAL. SO I APOLOGIZE FOR SAYING I WAS WAY WAY YOUNGER THAN THE GIRLS AND BOYS ON THE 1958 PIC, I AM SURE THEY ARE NOT THAT OLD TODAY,JUST 49 YEARS MORE IT IS NOT VERY MUCH. OH WELL. 10-4

Hi Marty,

Given the good quality of the picture, it should be possible to identify everyone. I' m sure that most people looking at this photo find that all of the individuals fall into one of two categories:-

1. Those immediately recognized and can be named.

2. Those faces recognized, but the name can't be recalled.

For me, there is a third category

3. Those whose faces I don't even recognize. This is the scary one - I was there.

Here goes:-

First row: Rodney Farber, Stan Seguin, ?, Barbara Ridewood, Georgia Moir, Barbara Nose, ?, ?, Lorne Roach, ?

Second row: Bruce Benton (teacher), Gary Farber, ?, ?, John McConachie, Keith Morrison,Bob Godfrey, David Wright, ?, ?.

Back Row: George (Brian) Pendlebury, Steve Messner(?), ?, Wally ______(?).

I'm sure others will fill in the blanks.

Cheers,

George (Brian)

Dear Marston,

Does John McConachie know all his classmates? I can't name 4 boys in middle row and 1 girl in front row. Do people remember when Ronnie Rogan and Vena Dawes were an item -- he had painted on the trunk of his car: R. R. x V. D. It looked like he had an STD.

Grade 10 - 1958-59

B.R. - Brian Pendlebury III, Steve Messner, Harold Walker, Wally Robinson
M.R. - Teacher Bruce Benton, Gary Farber, ?, ?, John McConachie, Keith "Maynard" Morrison, Bob Godefroy, Ross Stone, ?, ?
F.R. - Rodney Farber, Stan Seguin, ?, Barb Ridewood, Georgia Moir, Johanna Korvemaker, Barbara Valentine, Vena Dawes, Lorne Roach, Cliff Walker.

Is there a prize? Ha, ha. When I figure out how to scan photos and attach to e-mails, I will forward some material to you. I'm relatively new to this technology.

Linda Alexander-LaRoche

Photo list-- Back Brian George Pendlebury, Steve Messner,Harold Walker, Wally Robinson--middle row Bruce Benton Teacher, Gary Farber, Kenny St Germain, Gus Richardson,John mcConachie,Keith Morrison, Bob Godefroy,Ross Stone, Gordie Lang, Richard Tombs,--front row Rodney Farber,Stan Seguin, ?? Barbara Ridewood,Georgia Moir,Johanna Korvemaker,Barbara ValentineVena Dawes,Lorne Roach, Cliff Walker

Thanks John McC.
Great pic and we had fun with it…

No comments: