Monday, October 01, 2007

Mayor Pic...???? (Comments Attached)



HI MARTY, THE PIC I SENT YOU THAT I SAID HE USE TO BE A MAYOR, I DID NOT MENTION G.PK. BECAUSE HE WAS NOT A FORMER MAYOR OF G.PK. BUT SOMEWHERE ELSE. I AM INCLUDING A PIC AS A CLUE TO HELP THE BLOGGERS MAKE THEIR HOME WORK, AS GOOD AS THEY DID FOR THE 2 BEAUTIFUL SCHOOL PICS.

THANKS MARTY

NORMAND SIMARD

P.S. SORRY I MISLED YOU MARTY .I HOPE YOU ARE NOT GOING TO PUNISH ME.

Thanks Normand
Your punishment should be 6 hours in the GPK Sewer....LOL
Dear Marston,

The Sept. 29 picture is of Peter Jenkins, a mayor of Dawson City. I had heard that he was an MP for Yukon after that. The Sept. 30 picture is Arthur Jenkins at the left, Peter's father -- does anyone know the lady and the recipient of the award? Peter achieved the honour of Queen's Scout in those days. Flo Hinks told me at the reunion that Art is still alive and living in Prince George. Brother Mike and sister Joann and families also live there. I believe the youngest girl, Lee, is in Calgary. I took piano lessons from Mrs. Olive Jenkins for six years before entering McGill's Faculty of Music. When I got off the orange Chambly Transport bus after morning secretarial classes at the Mother House, Mrs. Jenkins would have soup and a sandwich ready for me before we proceeded with the lesson -- very kind of her.

In the Minstrel Show pic, #31 is Penny Tomalty. I hope you get some answers from those who recognize themselves or others.

Linda A-LaR.

Thanks Linda
Linda, John Has some words for you..... Read On. LOL

Hi Marty..........I believe the Mystery Mayor to be no other than Peter Jenkins - Dawson City, Yukon.

Kinda looks like John Ritter wouldn't you say???

Thanks Win S.
Normand says you won something....Huh..!!

It is Peter Jenkins who was mayor of Dawson City and his Dad Arthur is also in the picture.

Thanks Barb C.

Hi Marston
Re Mayor Pic contest by "Brother" Simard. I think he has his wires dangled !!

The picture is of me ( Doug ) being presented with a gift from Mrs Stoker while Art Jenkins looks on
Art Jenkins was never a Mayor but his son Peter was, while he lived in Dawson City. He then moved on to the territorial Legislation.. Don't know if he got reelected in the last round last year..

Doug g

Thanks Doug G.
Good to see some one has their sanity...

No comments: