Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Mr. Barcardi's Eulogy




Gentlemen,

It is with sincere disappointment that I inform you of the passing of my trusted teddy bear, Mr. Bacardi. His demise came at approximately 2:37 a.m. Sunday, October 21st, 2007. After an evening of frivolous banter, Mr. Bacardi passed with one final gulp.

Mr. Bacardi was the illegitimate Cuban son of and Irish seaman. He first arrived in the U.S.A. aboard a Jewish rum runners yacht. Not feeling welcome after the Cuban embargo of '63, Mr. Bacardi stowed away in the trunk of a Canadian Snowbirds car, arriving in Brampton Ontario in the late 60's.

Mr. Bacardi is survived by Mini Mama Bacardi and her single shot sons Junior I thru X as well as his favourite daughter Zelda who was conceived on board the rum runners yacht.

Until we meet again my trusted friend.

PS. I survived my trip to the master's bedroom. The doctors tell me the stitches can be removed this Friday, however, the leg cast will remain for at least another month.

It seems that I have erred for the sixth year in a row. Sunday morning at 1:30 a.m. is NOT the right time either. I will try again next year.... wish me luck.




Thanks Bob H. & Good Luck

No comments: