Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Two Quiz's From Normand S. 6 Homes have something in common and Name the new street in GPK.. (Normand, We Have a winner...)







HI MARTY, GREAT BOAT YOU FOUND YOU WILL ENJOY FISHING BETTER WITH DOC CONGRATULATION, OK MARTY THE NEXT

6 PICS OF G.PK. HOUSES HAVE SOMETHING IN COMMON . BLOGGERS GO IMMEDIATELY TO WORK WHAT IS IT.

THANKS MARTY.

NORMAND SIMARD.

P.S. 1- YESTERDAY I SAID DENIS HURTEAU WAS RAISED ON VERCHERES I THINK HIS UNCLE LIVED THERE, HE WAS RAISED
AT 504 SPRINGFIELD SORRY.

PS. 2- A QUICK QUIZZ , DINNER IS NOT READY. THERE IS A NEW STREET IN G.PK. IT IS NOT OFTEN WE HAVE A NEW STREET.
BLOGGERS TRY AND FIND IT. AS A PRIZE I WILL GIVE THE NEW STREET SIGN WHEN THEY WILL CHANGE IT IF THEY DO.
YOU NEVER KNOW.

Thanks Normand.
Dear Marston,

I believe the common link on the houses featured today by Normand S. are all moved houses in their new locations. Tombs' ESSO, of course, replaced the Smith house moved up Devonshire between Third and Regent. The attached photo is of a brush handout when the Esso opened -- I had it at this year's September reunion and David Rye said I should put it up for auction on E-bay (Ha, ha?). I have been frantically searching (still unfound) the house for my autograph book because in it I have Jacques Plante's autograph from the opening day of Tombs Esso.

On the same note, hubbie Jean LaRoche, asked me to tell you of the time he played hockey with Jacques Plante. We were members of Club de Tennis St-Lambert, formerly Brooklyn Park Tennis Club, and Ed Brougham was president and also production manager of Molson's (Jacques P. also worked there or was used for publicity). The tennis club played a game against the St. Lambert Old Timers (Dougie Parsons, etc.), with a masked man in goal. Of course, they won handily, as the masked man was "the lone ranger" (?) -- NO, Jacques Plante.

Linda Alex-LaR.

P.S. Jean and I met at the Brooklyn Park Tennis Club. Millie Henry-McGowan knew Jean long before when they were in the South Shore Sports Car Club. He had an MGA painted midnight blue, but by the time I met him he had demoted to the "strawberry box" Austin 850.
Thanks Linda.
I think you are the winner..
MN

No comments: