Thursday, November 08, 2007

Very Disturbing Article

A stock clerk was sent to clean up a storeroom in Maui , Hawaii .
When he got back, he was complaining that the storeroom was really filthy
and that he had noticed dried mouse/rat droppings in some areas.
A couple of days later, he started to feel like he was coming down with a
stomach flu, complained of sore joints and headaches, and began to vomit.
He went to bed and never really got up again. Within two days he was
severely ill and weak. His blood sugar count was down to 66, and his face
and eyeballs were yellow. He was rushed to the emergency at Pali-Momi,
where he was diagnosed to be suffering from massive organ failure. He
died shortly before midnight.
No one would have made the connection between his job and his death, had
it not been for a doctor who specifically asked if he had been in a
warehouse or exposed to dried rat/mouse droppings at any time. They said
there is a virus (much like the Hanta virus) that lives in dried rat and
mouse droppings.
Once dried, these droppings are like dust and can easily be breathed in
or ingested if a person does not wear protective gear or fails to wash face
and hands thoroughly
An autopsy was performed on the clerk to verify the doctor's suspicions.
This is why it is extremely important to ALWAYS carefully rinse off the
tops of canned sodas or foods, and to wipe off pasta packaging, cereal
boxes, and so on.
Almost everything you buy in a supermarket was stored in a warehouse at
one time or another, and stores themselves often have rodents.
Most of us remember to wash vegetables and fruits but never think of boxes
and cans.
The ugly truth is, even the most modern, upper-class, super store has
rats and mice. And their warehouse most assuredly does!
Whenever you buy any canned soft drink, please make sure that you wash
the top with running water and soap or, if that is not available, drink
with a straw.
The investigation of soda cans by the Center for Disease Control in
Atlanta discovered that the tops of soda cans can be encrusted with dried
rat's urine, which is so toxic it can be lethal. Canned drinks and other
foodstuffs are stored in warehouses and containers that are usually
infested with rodents, and then they get transported to retail outlets
without being properly cleaned.

Please forward this message to the people you care about.
(I JUST DID!)

Thanks Ellen S.

No comments: