Wednesday, December 05, 2007

More Piano Lessons and Snow Troubles

Hi Marty,
I was reading Linda's bit about Ms Perras. I took lessons from her in the early fifties also. Used to walk there from Charron St and then from Birch Ave in St-Lambert. Got pretty good at it and even had exams at McGill conservatory a few years. Then it all went to hell in a basket when Elvis and Bill Haley and the Comets came around. I wanted to play Rock-and-Roll and she only wanted to continue with Mozart etc. She used to rap my nuckles with a ruler. So one night after about 8 years of lessons, I up and walked out. Don't have a piano today but I still can read music.
Regards , Ivan

PS . Do you know any extra shovellers around that are looking for something to do?

Thanks Ivan R.
I can lend you my snow blower….!!

No comments: