Saturday, December 29, 2007

St Lawerance Seaway ( Montreal Lock)

HI MARTY, I SAW DOCTOR HEMINGWAY WAS TALKING ON THE BLOG OF THE FAMOUS ST-LAMBERT INTERNATIONNAL SUBMARINE RACE [[ TRACK ]] VERY POPULAR WITH THE G.PK.BIG BOYS AND GIRLS IN THE VERY LATE FIFTIES.



AND EARLY SIXTIES WELL MARTY I HAVE THE OFFICIAL OPENING OF THE RACE SITE BY THE QUEEN ON JUNE 26 - 1959.AND MARTY TELL MISTER HEMINGWAY IT IS NOT CLOSED I WAS THERE WITH LOUISE NOT LONG AGO I WILL SEND PICS.



THANKS MARTY SEE HTTP BELOW NORMAND SIMARD



P.S. OF COURSE BEFORE GOING THERE I ASK THE SUBMARINE RACE EXPERT SANDRA SNOW WHAT TO DO AT THE RACES BECAUSE IN THE FIFTIES US GOOD CATHOLICS WERE IN CHURCHES NOT AT SUB. RACES.



OH WELL. I QUESS WE MISSED LOT'S OF EXCITEMENT AT THESE RACES.>>> http://archives.cbc.ca/IDC-1-69-741-4526-10/on_this_day/life_society/queen_st._lawrence_seaway>



(Click on the link or copy and paste it into your browser.)


Thanks Normand

No comments: