Wednesday, January 23, 2008

I Hope You Dance...!!

This was written by an 83-year-old

woman to her friend. *The last line

says it all. *

Dear Bertha ..

I'm reading more and dusting less.

I'm sitting in the yard and admiring

the view without fussing about the

weeds in the
garden. I'm spending more time with

my family and friends and less time

working.

Whenever possible, life should be a

pattern of experiences to savor, not

to endure. I'm trying to recognize

these moments now and cherish

them.

I'm not 'saving' anything; we use our

good china and crystal for every special event such

as losing a pound, getting

the sink unstopped, or the first

Amaryllis blossom.

I wear my good blazer to the market.

My theory is if I look prosperous, I can

shell out $28.49 for one small bag of groceries. I'm

not saving my good

perfume for special parties, but

wearing it for clerks in the hardware

store and tellers at the bank.

'Someday' and 'one of these days' are losing their

grip on my vocabulary. If

it's worth seeing or hearing or doing, I

want to see and hear and do it now !!

I'm not sure what others would've

done

had they known they wouldn't be here

for the tomorrow that we all take for granted. I think they would have

called family members and a few

close friends. They might have called

a few former friends to apologize and

mend fences for past squabbles. I like

to think they would have gone out for a Chinese dinner or for whatever their favorite food was.

I'm guessing; I'll never know.

It's those little things left undone

that would make me angry if I knew

my hours were limited. Angry because

I hadn't written certain letters that

I intended to write one of these days. Angry and

sorry that I didn't tell my husband and parents

often enough how

much I truly love them. I'm trying very

hard not to put off, hold back, or save anything

that would add laughter and

luster to our lives. And every morning

when I open my eyes, tell myself that

it is special.

Every day, every minute, every breath

truly is a gift from God. !!




'People say true friends must always hold hands, but true friends don't need to hold hands because they know the other hand will always be there.'

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance !!
Thanks Bob H

No comments: