Saturday, January 19, 2008

On Churchill Blvd ca 1950



HI MARTY, HERE IS ANOTHER PIC OF THE OLD CHURCHILL TRAIN CA 1950 . DO PEOPLE RECONGNIZE BUILDINGS ON CHURCHLL

PLEASE COME FORWARD. I CAN'T HELP I AM TOO YOUNG SORRY.

THANKS MARTY

NORMAND SIMARD

PS. I SAW PRESIDENT BERNIE CONSTANTINI OF G.PK. TODAY, HE TOLD ME HE WOULD HAVE MAYBE A SEWER COVER IN MY NAME PROBABLY THE ONE IN FRONT OF MY HOME THAT IS WRITTEN ON CITE JACQUES-CARTIER. COULD BE CHANGED TO MY NAME OF COURSE ONLY WHEN HE WILL GET THE BUDGET FROM THE CITY OF LONGUEUIL , IT COULD BE AS SOON AS BEFORE 2015. FAIR ENOUGH . THANKS BERNIE I AM TEMPTED TO SAY MERRY CHRISTMAS RIGHT AWAY TO YOU ,FOR NEXT CHIRISTMAS FOR THIS BEAUTIFUL PRESENT AND HONOR.

Thanks Normand
Salut Normand,
The dark colored building behind the tram I believe became the Greenfield Park library in the sixties and the building behind that one did become Primeau Cycle and before Primeau it was a coffee shop for a while but before Primeau I.m sorry but I don`t remember. Today that area is where the condos are situated.
Bernie

Thanks Bernie C.

Well it looks like Beverly beat me to it the first thing I thought was THE OLD SLIDE when I seen the picture #1 streetcar. We used to have a lot of fun on the slide especially on very hot days as the slide had tin to slide on so we had to bring something to sit on or be burnt on the way down...it must of been about 4 ft. wide ....and all made of wood ... I remember in winter sometimes the firemen used to spray water on it and let it freeze and we really went for a good slide then. It would never pass inspection today but i don't remember anyone getting hurt or falling off the side as the sides were not very high. Love the pictures of the old streetcars used to catch one with my father to travel into Mtl .to go to work and the cold walk home some night with the wind in our faces going down the path of Empire to St. Charles....... thanks for the memories. Elizabeth Newbury (Baird)

Thanks Elizabeth

No comments: