Thursday, March 20, 2008

Bear Repair

HI MARTY,

I GOT THIS MOST BEAUTIFUL E-MAIL A LONG LONG TIME AGO, TALKING ABOUT G.PK. FROM BEVERLEY ALEXANDER VYE, BUTTON EYES PRIVATE DOCTOR IN GEORGIA USA. SHE AS A RENOWN TEDDY BEAR HOSPITAL SHE REALLY GETS THOSE TEDDY BEAR BACK ON THEIR FEET, VERY WELL MENDED THEY DON'T WANT TO HIBERNATE ANYMORE. THANKS MARTY NORMAND SIMARD PS MARTY BUTTONS EYES WANTS TO SAY SOMETHING GO AHEAD TEDDY [[[THANK YOU VERY MUCH DOCTOR BEVERLEY YOU FIXED MY EYE VERY GOOD I SEE 100 PERCENT NOW.]]]]]]

Hi Greenfield Park Friends,
Down memory road again………………my frogFrog 3 pond / creek now has the proper name.
My brother in law Carl Rufh has helped me, he remembered the correct name and how it came about. Are you ready?????……
It’s (Perras QUARRY.) The quarry was made in the field when Mr. Perras built all those houses on Third Street; he was the grandfather of Alban Perras who later became Mayor of Greenfield Park. I also remember he had a few horse stables across from the row of homes were he lived; he had a pond at the side of his house that had a few swans in it. We use to throw stones at them.
Bad kids.Horrible
Back to the QUARRY……At my age that time the quarry looked like a lake to me, at one end it had many layers of slate maybe it was only five feet high but to me it was a high cliff. I had lots of fun in that field, lots of choke cherries to eat and wild strawberries.
I remember my mom did not want a dog BUT !!! I did really wanted one (I think I was about seven) so I found a dog, tied it up for two days in the field and I would bring it food until someone came to my house looking for his lost dog. So that was the end of me having a dog. Ha-ha
Now I wonder….. what kind of food did I bring to that poor dog.
After my sister Shirley and I finished our dancing lessons at Mrs. Williamson we would walk home on a path in the field I would always run off and check out if the frogs had laid their eggs so I could bring some home. This would bring lots of joy to my poor mother.

Many other Greenfield Park girls took dancing lesson for years from Mrs. Williamson. I remember at that time thinking Pat Geary was a real ballerina and I would think could I ever be as good as her. (Don’t know if I have the correct spelling of her name.) Each year we had a dress rehearsal for our families then the next night it was open for the public to come. That night we all became stars, it was lots of fun. Mrs. Williamson had I think about four children, right now I can’t remember their names or what became of them.



No matter what I did or where I went that wonderful little woods / field gave me lots of fun, from my child hood running away from home, going home after dancing lessons, getting frog Eggs , caterpillars,Worm butterfly’sFlowers & Butterfly, wild flowers, kidnapping dogs, skating on ice, to my first home after marriage…. that field played a big part of my life.

NOW……..Bonjour to you Normand,

I’m so happy to hear you do have a picture of that old Catholic Church / School I would love to have a copy. It was the first one built in the field and had a fence only on one side were the children would play, it had a few white post left standing when I moved in. As a child I would always walk through the woods by that old building to my grandmother house as she lived on Murray. That path went from the end of John Street to the little bridge over the creek to my grandmother back yard. It was very safe back then but I would talk to myself out loud so I would not be afraid, not of anyone just the buggy man. About once a month at the age of five or seven I would pack a little bag and run away to my grandmother house. Ha-ha.
Nice hearing from you George.
It really is a small but wonderful world we live in; I do remember Liz telling me how she was so surprise to meet you when she was driving the school bus in Ontario. When my husband built our cottage in Campbellford, Ontario he bought a set of old antique french doors from his old friend that lived on Empire in the (old Newbury home.) One frosted glass door was a door for my bathroom the other door was a bed room door. Not only park folks live in Ontario so do parts of the old homes.

Were you living in the Nichols home upstairs? Do you know what ever happen to their only son Ross?

When my late husband Tom and I stayed in Arizona for seven years in the winter we met your brother and wife many times. Each winter it was like a Park get-together. Park people are every where………BUT are always getting back together.

And Dennis,

Can’t believe it’s been fifty years.

Bev Alexander/Vye

Thanks Normand & Bev

No comments: