Friday, April 25, 2008

GPK Memories


HI MARTY,

 

I RAN IN TO ROBERT HALLIDAY AT THE CORNER OF HUBERT AND CHURCHILL, I DID NOT KNOW HIM I ASKED HIM HIS NAME, AFTER WE GOT TALKING. HE LIVES ON BOCKUS, HE WILL BE 86 IN DEC. HIS FATHER JOHN CAME TO GPK. IN 1917 LIVED  274 CHAMBLY HIS FATHER BUILT HOUSES IN G.PK. ROBERT ALSO HAS A BROTHER IN G.PK. JACK HE LIVES ON EMPIRE. JACK HAS A DAUGHTER KAREN BORN IN 1959 , SHE MARRIED A G.PK. BOY JOHN JOYCE.THEY LIVE IN BEACONSFIELD NOW.

 

NOW KAREN ONCE TALKED TO ME, A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO, SHE PHONED ME AGAIN THIS WEEK SHE IS DESPERATELY LOOKING FOR A G.PK. CHAMBLY STREET  SIGN. IF SOMEBODY AS ONE LET ME KNOW. NOW HER GRAND FATHER SHE TOLD ME BUILT THE 4 HOUSES ON CHURCHILL CORNER FAIRFIELD THEY LOOK IDENTICAL. JIM SMALL USE TO LIVE IN ONE OF THEM. HE ALSO BUILT I THINK THE HOUSE WHERE MR NEWTON OUR TV REPAIR MAN LIVED ON FAIRFIELD, IF I RECALL THERE IS A NICE BAY WINDOW, I USE TO GO THERE TO GET LAMPS FOR OUR ADMIRAL OR IS IT WESTINGHOUSE TV IN THE FIFTIES.

 

THANKS MARTY

 

NORMAND SIMARD

 

PS I REALLY GOT MAD IN THE FIFTIES WHEN A TV LAMP BURNED SPECIALLY WHEN ROY ROGERS WAS PLAYING, NOW THE TV IS VERY RELIABLE I NEVER MISS MY CARTOONS, AND WATCH ROY ROGERS ON MY TV VIA MY OLD VHS.

 

Thanks Normand

No comments: