Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Ice Rink C.A. 1957

HI MARTY,

WELL I THINK THE G.PK. RINK CA 1957 WAS THE RINK BEHIND THE LEGION , IT WAS ABOUT IN FRONT OF THE NEW G.PK. ARENA ON EMPIRE . AND THE HOUSES WE SEE WOULD BE THE BACK HOUSES ON SPRINGFIELD. THAT RINK HAD REALLY SOLID BOARDS THEY WHERE GREEN I THINK WITH A TRIMMING OF YELLOW NOT SURE. ONE THING I AM SURE THE NEW MODERN RINK HAD REALLY NEARLY PERFECT ROUNDED CORNERS. WAY BETTER THAN THE OLD ONE ON CHURCHILL,[[[ MY ELBOWS STILL REMEMBER OUCH]]]], WHERE THE OLD TOWN HALL IS NOW. IN THE SUMMER THEY WOULD NOT TAKE THE BOARDS DOWN ON THE VERY MODERN RINK.

I AM ABOUT 98 PERCENT SURE OF THAT IF IT IS THAT RINK ON THE PIC. , BUT I COULD BE WRONG, BECAUSE THE TREES AND HOUSES. ON SPRINGFIELD IF IT IS SPRINGFIELD LOOK VERY CLOSE. COMPARE TO WHERE THE RINK WAS ON EMPIRE.

THANKS MARTY

NORMAND SIMARD

PS IF THAT RINK ON THE PIC WAS SOMEWHERE ELSE , I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW, JOHN RILEY ,MUST BE IN EUROPE FOR HIS MONTLY VISIT, WE DID NOT HEAR FROM HIM.,HE IS THE ONE THAT SENT THAT BEAUTIFUL PIC.

Thanks Normand

No comments: