Saturday, May 03, 2008

Still waiting for their Names ( Answered)



Marston,


Here's are three more clues to help identify the boy on the right side of the photo I sent: 1) He has one English parent and one French parent; 2) he is now a multi-millionaire; and 3) his current girl friend is a TV movie star. He is not Torry Mitchell as Normand guessed, but Normand is on the right track.


John R.


Thanks John



Hi Marston,

I'm not usually very good at guess who pictures, but I think I've got one of them for sure and part of the second one so I just had to take a stab at it.
The mystery boy with John's son is Sean Avery, Canadian hockey player currently with the New York Rangers. His link to the Park is that he is (or was, depending on the gossip of the day) dating Elisha Cuthbert, actress on the series 24 who hails from Greenfield Park,

As for the picture of John and friends on the rink, I'm sure that the two smaller children in front are his sister Patricia and his brother Michael.
The boy with his arm around John may be Jimmy Coles, but this is really a wild guess. I have no idea who the boy in regular clothes is.

Thanks!

PS: John, what do I win??

Susan L.P.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi Susan,Like Normand, you're on the right track. You got the girlfriend right, so you've found the link to the Park, but she dropped Avery and picked up someone else - the mystery person.As for the black and white photo of the rink you got my brother and sister. The other boy isn't Jimmy Coles. Good work Susan

John R.
~~~~~~~~~~~
But it looks just like him LOL!! I know she was linked to Mike Komisarek, but isn't he Polish? And American? Didn't know he had a French parent, but who knows? Ok, guess he's my next guess!Susan L.P.
~~~~~~~~~~
HI MARTY,

WELL JOHN IS REALLY SENDIND IN NICE PICS, BUT GIVING ME TROUBLE TO FIND THAT HOCKEY PLAYER THAT IS GOING OUT WITH A TV MOVIE STAR, JOHN I WOULD NEED A LAST HINT. I SAW ELISHA CUTHBERT WENT OUT WITH SEAN AVERY AND MAYBE DION PHANEUF. BUT IT DOES NOT SEEM TO ME IT IS ONE OF THEM ON THE PIC IN PEI. IN 1985 HELP JOHN PLEASE.

FOR THE OTHER PIC HE SENT IN WELL THE ONE BESIDE HIM WITH THE RANGER SWEATER IS I THINK FRED EVANOVITCH OF SPRINGFIELD. THE HOCKEY STICKS THE GUYS HAD ARE[[ CLARKS]]]. I WONDER IF THEY BOUGHT THEM AT KIPPS ,THAT IS WHERE I GOT MINE.

THANKS MARTY

NORMAND SIMARD
~~~~~~
Hi,The boy on the right in the picture is Calgary Flame Dion Phaneuf.


Glen Stone


Calgary, Ab.

Thanks to Susan, John, Glen and Normand

~~~~~~~~~~

Marty,You can let Glen Stone, Sue Leclair-Pinard and Normand know that they've finally identified Dion Phaneuf, a nephew of a friend of my wife. Her friend at that time lived on Regent St. in the Park and we visited her and her family in PEI that summer. On a couple of days when they were both about 11 my son Jeff played with Dion, and Dion's other cousins on the beautiful land their family owned on the shore of Spud Island.

I guess you never know when you meet someone where both your lives will take you. Elisha Cuthbert was also in Jeff's class at Centennial about two years later. I can remember her walking over to talk to both of my children at my daughter's graduation, and my children had to tell my wife and I that she was then living in LA and starring in the TV program 24 with Keifer Sutherland (Jack Bower).

About 7 years earlier my daughter had recognized Keifer Sutherland in the lineup for a flight at Dorval Airport from Montreal to Los Angeles. On the flight she went up to the first class section to ask for his autograph, which he graciously gave. Talk about how people are connected in some way.

John Riley

Thanks John

No comments: