Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Kipps Store Memories



WELL I SAW HARRY KIPPS TODAY, I HAD RECONGNIZED HIM AT A MEETING AT THE OLD TOWN HALL A FEW WEEKS AGO, BECAUSE HE LOOKS A LOT LIKE HIS FATHER BILL OF THE OLD KIPPS STORE ON SPRINGFIELD. WELL I TALKED WITH HIM FOR ABOUT 30 MINUTES IN FRONT OF HIS HOME IN G.PK. HE LOOKS AND SOUNDS LIKE A VERY FINE GENTLEMAN. WELL HIS NEIGHBOR I KNOW, SAID IN FACT HE IS ONE. HE TOLD ME HIS SON SELLS AND INSTALLS WINDOWS ,HE HAS A COMPANY NAMED IDEKA. NOW I KNEW HIS GREAT GRAND MOTHER, EMMA. FROM KIPPS STORE.

THANKS MARTY

NORMAND SIMARD

PS 1-UNFORTUNATELY HE DOES NOT HAVE MUCH PHOTOS AND SOUVENIRS OF THE STORE , HE SOLD ALL WHAT WAS IN THE STORE TO ANOTHER
STORE IN MACKAYVILLE, LAFLECHE CA 1966 , HARRY WAS WORKING THAT DAY, THEY CAME WITH A TRUCK AND REALLY TOOK EVERYTHING SOUVENIRS ,PHOTOS ,FURNITURE ETC. IT IS ASHAME, APPARENTELY MARGARET CAVANAUGH A STORE EMPLOYEE WAS CRYING.

PS 2- HARRY HAS A SISTER THAT LIVES ON MURRAY.

Thanks Normand

No comments: