Sunday, November 16, 2008

What Year Was this Extension Built?? (1954) Update


HI MARTY,

 HERE THE HON. LT. GOVERNOR OF QUEBEC GASPARD FAUTEUX AT THE OPENING OF THE NEW EXTENSION OF R.G.H.S IN 19?? DOES ANY BLOGGER REMEMBER THE YEAR.

 THANKS MARTY

 NORMAND SIMARD

 Thanks Normand

With regards Normonds question "the opening of RGHS extension.

I believe it was 1954 & there was NO RGHS it was I believe in 1954 and it was RGS

--

Thanks Murray P.

Hi Marty;

 

The first addition to the RGS was started in 1952 and completed and

opened in the Spring of 1953.  I remember it because I was in Miss

Hillborne's grade 2 class and we started in Sept 1952 in a temporary

classroom in the girl's basement area.  In the Spring of 1953 we moved

into our sparkling new classroom in the new addition.  I believe the

addition had 5 classrooms (one upstairs above the principal's office),

the principal's office and the gym/locker rooms.

 

I guess the school did not officially become a high school (RGHS) until

John McConachie's 1960 graduating class entered grade 8 in 1956.

 

John P.

 

Thanks John

No comments: