Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Third Year for our blog

Hello Folks                                                                        Dec. 31 2008

 

Here we are at the end of our third year with this blog. I decided to try my hand at blogging three years ago so that a half a dozen friends could share Christmas stories and  New Years wishes.

 

I thought this would be a temporary thing but the audience kept getting larger and the visitors continued to increase. It has grown far larger than I would have ever imagined.  We reach a very large number of Parkers all around the Globe, which has far exceeded my expectations.

 

This has now become a very consuming hobby and requires several hours a day to keep it running. Personally I have reconnected with a lot of old friends and made so many new ones.

 

I try hard to keep this a friendly place to visit and for people to share their memories, pictures, and to connect with friends. There is some teasing among friends that bring smiles and a little humor is healthy. GPKer’s friends are also welcome to participate on this site as well. This is not my forum to air my  ideas or agenda, It is your blog to share with each other.

 

I am open to suggestions, so please feel free to contact me with your ideas. I will be glad to consider constructive ideas. My E-mail address is in the top left corner of the blog. The DOT is( .) and the AT is (@). I have listed my E-mail address this way to prevent web crawlers from spamming my E-mail address.

 

In the past I have tried to let you know why I haven’t posted a submission by E-mail. In the future, I will not E-mail you with the reason for a non-posted item. 99% of the time it has been posted before or is just not suitable for our blog.

 

One important issue for me is Copy Right Material. I will not post this content. There are just too many lawyers down here and the fines are very stiff and jail time is a real possibility.

 

I want to thank everyone that has contributed so much to our blog and made it the success that it has become. Without you this blog would not exist. I would like to list your names but the list would be too long. You know who you are. I hope we have as much fun in 2009

HAPPY NEW YEAR

I wish everyone a happy and healthy 2009.

 

Marty N.

 

No comments: