Friday, January 02, 2009

GPK Memories

Hi Marty and Happy New Year to you and Yours....

 

Re the article you posted...

 

Dorothy Parker's husband was/is Les Elder.

I ran into him in the late 70's. He was working for Nortel at the St Laurent Plant. (Decarie Circle)

In addition to Carleton Place we also did a Group Trip to Plattsburg NY to The WPTZ TV Saturday afternoon

Dance show. It was a low budget version of American Bandstand.

I think the emcee of the show was a guy named Bird Berdan... AKA the Atlantic Weatherman.

I forget the details of the trip but I think Les' 57 Chev broke down or something?????

I am sure someone remembers.

Years later while golfing in Perth ON I was introduced to a Banker named  ??? Rintoul.

By the end of the evening we figured out I had been billeted with his Aunt and Uncle

during that Christian Teeners Trip to Carleton Place.

I remember that later on the United Church made us change our name from Christian Teeners

to CYO??? ( Christian Youth  Organization ??? ) or something like that.

It was not well rec'd by the group; and that along with the rise in popularity of the Youth Centre led to the demise of the group.

Ainsi va la vie....

Thanks for the memories Linda....

 

Ralph

Thanks Ralph

No comments: