We love it here and wouldn't change it for anything.
1. You know the provincial flower (Mildew)
2. You feel guilty throwing aluminum cans or paper in the trash.
3. You use the statement "sunny break" and know what it means.
4. You know more than 10 ways to order coffee.
5. You know more people who own boats than air conditioners.
6. You feel overdressed wearing a suit to a nice restaurant.
7. You stand on a deserted corner in the rain waiting for the
8. You consider that if it has no snow, it is not a real mountain.
9. You can taste the difference between Starbucks, City Blends,
and Tim Horton's.
10. You know the difference between Chinook, Coho
and Sockeye salmon.
11. You know how to pronounce Squamish, Osoyoos
Nanaimo and Tsawwassen.
12.You consider swimming an indoor sport.
13.. You can tell the difference between Japanese, Chinese,
Vietnamese, Korean and Thai food.
14. In winter, you go to work in the dark and come home in
the dark - while only working eight-hour days.
15. You never go camping without waterproof matches
and a poncho.
16. You are not fazed by "Today's forecast: showers followed
by rain," and "Tomorrow's forecast: rain followed by showers."
17. You cannot wait for a day with "showers and sunny breaks".
18. You have no concept of humidity without precipitation.
19. You know that Dawson Creek is a town, not a TV show.
20. You can point to at least two ski mountains, even if you
cannot see through the cloud cover.
21. You notice "the mountain is out" when it is a pretty day
and you can actually see it.
22. You put on your shorts when the temperature gets above 5,
but still wear your hiking boots and parka.
23. You switch to your sandals when it gets about 10, but
keep your socks on.
24. You have actually used your mountain bike on a mountain.
25. You think people who use umbrellas are either wimps or tourists.
26. You recognize the background shots in your favourite movies
& TV shows.
27. You buy new sunglasses every year, because you can't find the
old ones after such a long time.
28. You measure distance in hours.
29. You often switch from "heat" to "a/c" in your car in the same day.
30. You use a down comforter in the summer.
31. You carry jumper cables in your car and your wife knows
how to use them.
32. You design your kid's Halloween costume to fit under a raincoat.
33. You know all the important seasons: Almost Winter, Winter, Still
Raining (Spring), Road Construction (Summer) & Raining Again (Fall).
34. You actually understand these jokes and forward them to all your
friends in British Columbia or those who used to live here!
Thanks Barry & Louise D.