Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Beau Marks

Hi Marty,

 

I just want to add a bit to Murray's comments about the Beau Marks.

 

When I was with Eric and the Counts we played (as support) with them in Chambly I believe. Getting old.....the rot is setting in from the top down,......they were a fantastic group, classy, helpful, supportive, and generally a great bunch of guys with a fantastic sound. Ray and Mike met each other at The School for Crippled Children in Montreal; as they both had polio as children.

 

I remember, we used to change groups on the stage with them starting a song, then George would replace Gilles, I'd replace Joey, Red would replace Mike and Eric would replace Ray, and we'd finish the song. Then when they came back on we did the reverse.

 

I get shivers just thinking about it. Will never forget it as long as I live.

 

Best Regards.........Stan.

Thanks Stan

No comments: