Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Golf Ball

the golf ball ;-)

 > In My Hand I Hold A Ball,

 > White And Dimpled, Rather Small.

 > Oh, How Bland It Does Appear,

 > This Harmless Looking Little Sphere.

 > By It's Size I Could Not Guess,

 > The Awesome Strength It Does Possess.

 > But Since I Fell Beneath Its Spell,

 > I've Wandered Through The Fires Of Hell.

 > My Life Has Not Been Quite The Same,

 > Since I Chose To Play This Stupid Game.

 > It Rules My Mind For Hours On End,

 > A Fortune It Has Made Me Spend.

 > It Has Made Me Yell, Curse And Cry,

 > I Hate Myself And Want To Die.

 > It Promises A Thing Called Par,

 > If I Can Hit It Straight And Far.

 > To Master Such A Tiny Ball,

 > Should Not Be Very Hard At All.

 > But My Desires The Ball Refuses,

 > And Does Exactly As It Chooses.

 > It Hooks And Slices, Dribbles And Dies,

 > And Even Disappears Before My Eyes.

 > Often It Will Have A Whim,

 > To Hit A Tree Or ! Take A Swim.

 > With Miles Of Grass On Which To Land,

 > It Finds A Tiny Patch Of Sand.

 > Then Has Me Offering Up My Soul,

 > If Only It Would Find The Hole.

 > It's Made Me Whimper Like A Pup,

 > And Swear That I Will Give It Up.

 > And Take To Drink To Ease My Sorrow,

 > But The Ball Knows ... I'll Be Back Tomorrow.

 >

 >

 > Stand proud you noble swingers of clubs and losers of balls....

 > A recent study found the average golfer walks about 900 miles a year.

 > Another study found golfers drink, on average, 22 gallons of alcohol a

Year.

 > That means, on average, golfers get about 41 miles to the gallon.

 > Kind of makes you proud. Almost feel like a hybrid.

 >

Thanks Barry & Louise D.

No comments: