Friday, February 06, 2009

Raceways of the 50's










HI MARTY,

 DOES ANYBODY REMEMBER THE STOCK CAR RACES NEAR G.PK. THERE ARE SOME ERRORS IN THE PAPERS. THERE WHERE 2 PLACES. THE NOEL RACEWAY AT 700 TASCHEREAU  IN BROSSEAU STATION , THE OTHER ONE KEMPTON PARK WAS ON CHEMIN ST-JEAN IN LAPRAIRIE  IT WAS ONCE FOR HORSE RACE, 

THEY GOT THE NAME  KEMPTON FROM A STALLION THAT WAS VERY FAST. THE  KEMPTON STOCK CAR RACE TRACK STARTED IN THE 26 TH JULY 1953 TILL 1966. NOW IT IS A RESTAURANT AND A PLACE WHERE THEY SELL FRUITS AND VEGETABLE. THE RESTAURANT WAS THE OLD KEMPTON GARAGE. 

IT COST $1.00 FOR THE NOEL RACEWAY ON TASCHEREAU IN THE FIFTIES. ON ONE OF THE PICS YOU SEE HOLLYWOOD DARE DEVILS THEY WOULD GO AROUND DIFFERENT PLACES AND GIVE SHOWS ,JUMP CARS ETC.

 DOES ANYBODY HAVE INFORMATION OR CORRECTIONS THEY COULD ADD  ON THOSE TRACKS I REMEMBER I WAS THERE ONCE I THINK AT KEMPTON I WAS ABOUT 8 0R 9  YEARS OLD.

 I CANNOT REMEMBER THE NOEL RACEWAY ON TASCHEREAU IT WAS AT THE END OF BROSSARD IT WAS CALLED BROSSEAU STATION. OF  COURSE BROSSARD CAME IN 1958. IT WAS PART OF LAPRAIRIE BEFORE.

 THANKS MARTY

 NORMAND SIMARD

 PS I HAVE TO RACE TO THE KITCHEN I AM LITTLE  LATE TO DO THE DISHES AND WASH THE  FLOORS AN THEN ORDER FLOWERS FOR MY LOUISE WHILE SHE IS RESTING WATCHING T.V. SORRY  MARTY I JUST  DON'T  EVER WANT  TO GO IN THE DOG HOUSE AGAIN. I AM A GOOD BOY NOW, I FINALLY LEARNED MY LESSON I CERTAINLY HOPE SO FOR ME.

Thanks Normand

No comments: