some pithy observations on today's world of finance - best gus - still hiding in Panama
1. The US has made a new weapon that destroys people but keeps the
building standing. Its called the stock market.
2. Do you have any idea how cheap stocks are? Wall Street is now
being called Wal-Mart Street.
3. The difference between a pigeon and an investment banker. The pigeon
can still make a deposit on a BMW.
4. What's the difference between a guy who lost everything in Las Vegas
and an investment banker? A tie!
5. The problem with investment bank balance sheet is that on the left
side nothing's right and on the right side nothing's left.
6. I want to warn people from Nigeria. if you get any emails from
Washington asking for money, it's a scam. Don't fall for it.
7. What worries me most about the credit crunch, is that if one of my
checks is returned stamped 'insufficient funds'. I won't know whether
that refers to mine or the bank's...
New Stock Market Terms
CEO --Chief Embezzlement Officer.
CFO-- Corporate Fraud Officer.
BULL MARKET -- A random market movement causing an investmentbanker to
mistake himself for a financial genius.
BEAR MARKET -- A 6 to 18 month period when the kids get no allowance,
the wife gets no jewelry.
VALUE INVESTING -- The art of buying low and selling lower.
P/E RATIO -- The percentage of investors wetting their pants as the
market keeps crashing.
BROKER -- What my broker has made me.
STANDARD & POOR -- Your life in a nutshell.
STOCK ANALYST -- Idiot who just downgraded your stock..
STOCK SPLIT -- When your ex-wife and her lawyer split your assets
equally between themselves.
FINANCIAL PLANNER -- A guy whose phone has been disconnected.
MARKET CORRECTION -- The day after you buy stocks.
CASH FLOW-- The movement your money makes as it disappears down the toilet.
YAHOO -- What you yell after selling it to some poor sucker for $240
WINDOWS -- What you jump out of when you're the sucker who bought Yahoo
@ $240 per share.
INSTITUTIONAL INVESTOR -- Past year investor who should be now locked
up in a nuthouse.
Thanks Gus R