Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Daytime Submarine Races




Hi Marty,

 

With so much talk of submarine races and the difficulty of convincing a girl that there was racing during the day I thought I would submit these photos for the blog.

 

The first two are of misguided modern day groupies who will go to any length to see or be involved in the races.

 

The last photo was taken in 1962 by Constable Rene Fregeau of the St. Lambert police. Rene was in love with my Corvair wagon and would follow it all around town. The night before this photo had been taken Judy Holgate and I had gone to the twilight races. Who showed up???? Rene. I even painted the car red and tried to fool him by going to the races during the day with another friend but, as you can see, that didn't work.

 

--

Bob Hawkins

Thanks Bob

I used to take the blind girl

 

 

No comments: