Wednesday, April 01, 2009

The Hughes Family on Third Street GPK



Hi

I was recently introduced to your blog my by niece Norma (Board) Knight. I have only looked at the first 4 or 5 months but it was like a trip back in time. I lived in the Park for about 25 years from 1931 to 1955. I was amused my John McC's story of climbing on to the roof of the row houses on Third Street, we lived in #13, the end unit until 1952 or 1953 then we moved to the corner of St. Charles and Springfield.

The family that lived next door to the Holgates were Alf and Bessie Reeves, they later moved to St. Lambert. The Seasons (Bob and Leo) lived in the last of the original cottages across from the Perras.

I am enclosing a picture of our family on the steps at 13 Third St., this was taken in 1940 before my brother Jack went overseas, missing from the picture are my grandfather, John Fahey, my father, Arthur Hughes and my sister Dorothy. The baby in her Mother's arm is Norma (Board) Knight.

I am also enclosing a picture of #13 that I took last year, note the huge extension on the backof the house.

Ken Hughes

 

Thanks Ken

No comments: