Monday, April 27, 2009

Mayor Coote's Home from the past







HI MARTY,

 WELL MARTY CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR GREAT G.PK. HISTORIAN JOHN RILEY, HE WINS A COMPLETE MEAL, NO LIMIT ON COKE OR PEPSI   AT CANADA DRIVE IN. I THOUGHT I HAD HIM FOOLED, PUTTING THE ONE STOREY HOUSE  BUT YOU DON'T FOOL AN OLD ( STILL YOUNG ) HISTORIAN LIKE JOHN. WHEN EX MAYOR OF G.PK. STANLEY COOTE BOUGHT IT, IT HAD 1 STOREY. IT WAS AT 24 CAMPBELL THAN CHANGED TO 698. IF I REMEMBER WELL IN CA  1958 I THINK A MR. ALLEN LIVED THERE, HE WAS MY LAST CUSTOMER ON MY MONTREAL STAR ROUTE . BOY IT WAS FAR FROM KIPPS ON COLD DAYS. SEE PICS OF THE HOUSE NOW ON CAMPBELL.

 

THANKS MARTY AND TO  DEBBIE COOTE GRAND DAUGHTER OF EX MAYOR STANLEY  COOTE. HER MOTHER AND HER STILL LIVE  ON THIRD.

 NORMAND SIMARD

 PS FATHER BOB AM I GETTING CLOSE TO TIBET, FATHER WHERE IS TIBET???

 Thanks Normand

 

No comments: