CATHERINE SENT THIS,,,I THOUGHT THAT YOU MAY LIKE TO CHECK IT OUT !!
GOD BLESS ALL THE LITTLE CHILDREN !!
AND BLESS YOU TOO ,,,ONE AND ALL !!! CHEERS !! JOHN,,
The Price of Children
This is just too good not to pass on to all.
Here is something absolutely positivefor a change. I have repeatedly seen the breakdown of the cost of raising a child,but this is the first time I have seen the rewards listed this way. It's really nice.
The government recently calculated thecost of raising a child from birth to 18 and came up with $160,140.00 for a middle income family.
Talk about price shock!
That doesn't even touch college tuition.
But $160,140.00 isn't so bad if you breakit down.
It translates into: * $8,896.66 a year, * $741.38 a month, * $171.08 a week.
* A mere $24.24 a day!
* Just over a dollar an hour.Still, you might think the best financialadvice is; don't have children if you want to be 'rich,'
Actually, it is just the opposite !!
What do you get for your $160,140.00? * Naming rights . First, middle, and last! * Glimpses of God every day.
* Giggles under the covers every night. * More love than your heart can hold. * Butterfly kisses and Velcro hugs.
* Endless wonder over rocks, ants, clouds,and
* A hand to hold usually covered with jelly or chocolate. * A partner for blowing bubbles and flying kites. * Someone to laugh yourself silly with, no matter what
the boss said or how your stocks performed that day.For $160,140.00, you never have to growup. You get to: * finger-paint, * carve pumpkins, * play hide-and-seek, * catch lightning bugs, * never stop believing in Santa Claus.You have an excuse to:
* keep reading the Adventures of Piglet and Pooh, * watch Saturday morning cartoons, * go to Disney movies, and * wish on stars.
You get to frame rainbows, hearts, andflowers under refrigerator magnets andcollect spray painted noodle wreaths for Christmas,
hand prints set in clay for Mother's Day,
and cards with backward letters for Father's Day.
For a mere $24.24 a day, there is nogreater bang for your buck. You get to bea hero just for: * retrieving a Frisbee off the garage roof, * taking the training wheels off a bike, * removing a splinter, * filling a wading pool, * coaxing a wad of gum out of bangs, and * coaching a baseball team that never wins but always treated to ice cream regardless.
You get a front row seat in history towitness the:
* First step,
* First word,
* First bra,
* First date,
* First time behind the wheel.You get to be immortal. You get another branch added to your family tree, and ifyou're lucky, a long list of limbs in your obituary called grandchildren and great grandchildren. You get an education inpsychology, nursing, criminal justice,communications, and human sexuality that no college can match..In the eyes of a child, you rank right up there under God.. You have all the power to heal a boo-boo, scare away the monstersunder the bed, patch a broken heart,police a slumber party, ground themforever, and love them without limits, soone day they will, like you, love without counting the cost. That is quite a deal for the price!!!!!!!
Love & enjoy your children & grandchildren& great-grandchildren!!!!!!! It's the bestinvestment you'll ever make!!!!!!!!!
Thanks John G.