Friday, May 01, 2009

High Wind Damage in North York Ont.



Hi Marty,

 

Sorry about the file size. Here are a couple of shots I took today. I'm sure many of your readers will have seen this roof on the news this week. It is a 17 story condominium in North York. This past weekend we had winds gusting up to 135 km/hr. followed by rain. The wind tore the whole west side of the roof off and a portion of the east side.

 

In 30 years in the business this is the first time I have seen a roof damaged to this extent, by wind, and not have it categorized as a level 1 or 2 tornado.

 

As a result of this Normand's Tibetan Adventure could get delayed as I have two specifications to write for Monday.... I am sure everyone will be disappointed... NOT

 

--

Bob Hawkins

Thanks Bob

 

No comments: